- Ticket purchasers must be 18 years or older to enter Martyrs’ Shrine’s Catch the Ace Raffle and be considered eligible to purchase and play lottery in accordance the Ontario Lotto and Liquor Control Act.
- Ticket purchasers must be located in the province of Ontario, Canada at the time of purchase.
- Organizations or businesses are not eligible to participate.
- The following persons are prohibited from purchasing tickets in Martyrs’ Shrine’s Catch the Ace Raffle: Employees of Martyrs’ Shrine, members of Martyrs’ Shrine’s Board of Trustees; members of the Society of Jesus, and volunteers participating in the current week's draw, are not permitted to purchase tickets. This includes their immediate family living at the same residence.
- You must consent, through the purchase of a ticket, to your name, the city in which you reside, your image, and your likeness being used to publicize the winner should your ticket be drawn.
- Tickets may be purchased online at catchtheacelotto.ca.
- Tickets will be available beginning at 12:00 noon Wednesday, following the previous weekly draw.
- Tickets are available for purchase at the following prices: 3 entries for $5.00, 10 entries for $10.00, and 60 entries for $20.00.
- Ticket purchasers will select a virtual numbered playing card from the remaining playing cards available at the time of purchase. Each numbered playing card contains a hidden card from a standard 52-card deck. The number of cards available for selection begins with 52 and declines by one each week that the card selected by the Weekly Prize winner reveals a playing card other than the Ace of Spades.
- Each purchaser will select a single card. The selected card will be associated with all tickets included in the ticket order. Multiple cards may not be selected within a single ticket order.
- There is no limit to the number of tickets available.
- Tickets may not be transferred or resold.
- Tickets are only valid for the weekly draw for which they were sold.
- All tickets will be delivered via email only. It is the responsibility of the ticket purchaser to ensure that they receive their tickets, however, purchasers do not need their tickets in hand to be included in the draws. If you have not received your ticket(s), please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-855-526-3788.
Draws, Prizes and Winners
- Ticket sales will conclude each Tuesday at 2:30 pm at which time all qualified tickets will be confirmed.
- A single ticket number will be selected each weekly draw by a Random Number Generation (RNG) program, from all raffle ticket numbers sold during the week leading up to the draw.
- Each weekly draw winner will receive a single cash prize equal to 20 percent of all ticket sales collected for that weekly draw. Following the weekly draw, the playing card within the card associated with the winning ticket order will be revealed.
- If the numbered playing card associated with the winning weekly draw ticket reveals the Ace of Spades, the weekly draw winner will also receive the Catch the Ace Progressive Jackpot, consisting of 30 percent of all ticket sales collected over all weeks. Martyrs’ Shrine’s Catch the Ace Raffle is then concluded.
- If the numbered playing card associated with the winning weekly draw ticket reveals any playing card other than the Ace of Spades, 30 percent of the ticket sales for the weekly draw will be added to the Progressive Jackpot. All tickets from the previous weekly draw are then voided and ticket sales commence for the next weekly draw.
- The winning ticket number will be posted to catchtheacelotto.ca following each weekly draw, along with the weekly prize amount and the revealed card associated with the weekly winning ticket.
- Ticket holders do not have to be present at the draws in order to win or to claim their prize. Winners will by contacted by telephone.
- Prizes will be secured for a period of forty-five (45) days following each weekly draw. Unclaimed prizes will be reported to, and a charitable allocation will be approved by, the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario. Prize monies will only be distributed in the form of a cheque.
- The winner must provide their full name, address, and phone number upon claiming their prize. Government-issued photo ID must be provided. Martyrs’ Shrine reserves the right to request further identification including, but not limited to, additional identification or proof of payment prior to authorizing the release of funds.
- By purchasing a ticket in Martyrs’ Shrine’s Catch the Ace Raffle, the purchaser acknowledges that they have read, understood, and agreed to these rules. All inquiries regarding the conduct, chance of winning, prizing or procedures of lotteries are to be made to Martyrs’ Shrine prior to the purchase of a ticket.
- All orders will be processed and fulfilled using the Ascend Fundraising Solutions raffle management system. In the event of any discrepancy, the records of Ascend Fundraising Solutions shall be deemed correct and final. Martyrs’ Shrine is responsible for the conduct and management of the raffle. The liability of the licensee shall be limited to the purchase price of the ticket.
Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario, Lottery License #12216. - Please play responsibly. ConnexOntario 1-866-531-2600 or visit connexontario.ca.